Sunday, August 2, 2015

Two month countdown!

Aloha!

Just thought I'd drop a few lines for everyone with some wedding related goodness.

Aussie guests:
You will need to apply for an ESTA: https://esta.cbp.dhs.gov/esta/
This is pretty straight forward. I'm sure most of you already hold one, or have previously.
If not though, please let Paul or I know. He's VERY used to filling out these applications :)

Car Rental:
The wedding itself is about an hour or more from the airport. We highly recommend renting a car, even if only for one day to get yourself to Lahaina. A cab will likely cost more than a rental. Some friends recommended using: www.discounthawaiicarrental.com as they are very friendly on the pocket book. There are plenty of other options as well. This just happens to be one we've heard good things about.

If you plan on driving up the mountain, be aware that it's quite a windy road. Once you arrive at the top, you have to reverse and turn around to get back down. This isn't a huge deal, however, just something to be aware of, if you have a huge rental car.

Luau:
Paul & I have made a reservation for thirty people for the Luau held at the Royal Lahaina on Thursday the 1st. The reservation is under my maiden name (Meaghan Smith-Bollum).

If you plan on joining & haven't let me know, please do! I'll add you to the reservation :)

Golf:
Paul & some of the boys are hoping to get in nine holes of golf on Friday the 2nd. Most of the golf courses have some sort of dress code. It will likely end up being at: http://www.mauinuigolfclub.com/  But we will keep you posted if anything changes. Once again, if you want to join and haven't already let me know, tell Paul! The golf outing is his one wedding job! 

Ceremony/Reception:
The wedding is being held at the Royal Lahaina resort on Saturday October 3rd, at 4:30pm on the Villas Lawn.

The reception will follow in the Hale Piilani Room. There will be a three course plated dinner.



Brunch:
We are still sorting out details for a brunch to follow the wedding on Sunday the 4th. It looks like the restaurant at the Royal Lahaina closes at 10:30am. I don't know about you, but I plan on sleeping in at least a couple hours on Sunday. Stay tuned for more brunch details.


I have no doubt there's plenty of info I've forgotten about. I'm at the stage where I can't seem to retain information.

Please don't hesitate to reach out and ask if there's anything you don't already know. We are getting very excited, and feel so lucky to have all of you there with us on our special day.


No comments:

Post a Comment