Friday, April 19, 2013

04/20/2013

Breathing a sigh of relief.

The second suspect is now in custody. I can't help but tear up when I think about this. It was only five days ago when this nightmare began. As per usual I woke up & checked my facebook. Sadly, this is the quickest way to get the news these days. There were several posts about Boston & the Boston Marathon; I then turned on the news. The news was flooded with different accounts of what happened. I let the news sink in before I watched any footage. Once I allowed myself to watch the live footage I was instantly a blubbering mess.

There were thousands of people participating in this marathon. People from twenty six countries participated in this event this year alone. My heart goes out to all those affected by these horrific acts. Living in fear is not what living is about. I can't help but continue with bated breath about what will take place next. I can only hope that we will get the answers that we are so desperately seeking.

For now, I'm so thankful for the work of the Boston Police Department, and all others who contributed to the arrest of the second suspect. My thoughts and deepest sympathy go out to those who lost loved ones & those still recovering from serious injuries in the bombing, and subsequent events following the bombing.


No comments:

Post a Comment