Thursday, September 6, 2012

The google machine!

I've been on the internet a lot lately.
I've gotten inspired to be more adventurous with my hair & nails.
I also FINALLY signed up for Pinterest. I'm addicted.

Today I've already used a teeth whitener, face mask, hair mask & learned a new braid.

Teeth Whitener:
Baking Soda 1 tablespoon, and lemon or lime.
-Scoop tablespoon of baking soda onto plate/bowl, and squeeze lemon/lime juice over powder. Powder will begin to bubble. Let it bubble for about 30 seconds until it turns into a paste. Put the paste on a tooth brush & use it like tooth paste. Rinse & repeat only about once a week. It can weaken your enamel. We'll see if it really works. I've only used it the once so far.

Face Mask:
One egg white, face tissue, makeup sponge/brush.
-Put egg white into bowl and use makeup sponge or brush to spread over face. Then put a face tissue over the first layer of egg white. Repeat another layer of egg white on top of tissue. Repeat another layer of tissue. Let dry and peal off. It supposedly works on black heads & even skin color, etc. First time with this too. I will say my skin feels really soft. Not so sure about the black heads though...

Hair Mask:
Olive oil, sponge, and towel.
-Heat olive oil, use sponge to spread over hair & wet towel with hot water. After you've applied the oil evenly, focusing on ends & massaging scalp-wrap warm towel around hair. Leave on for at least 30 minutes. Should help to soften hair and increase health of hair if done regularly. I've been growing out my hair for three years, so I'm willing to try anything to increase the chances of my hair growing faster!

Dutch Braid:
I'm 26 years old & the only braid I've ever known is a regular braid. I've been trying to grasp the idea of how to Dutch Braid for a couple of weeks. I finally got it today! There's no way I could explain how to do this. But here's the tutorial that taught me. She slowed things down & made it really easy to understand.
Here's the link:

Time to wash out the hair mask & see if it's all it's cracked up to be!

xo, Meaghan

No comments:

Post a Comment